Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meds and whatnot

Well... I have officially stopped going to our original pediatrician. After several visits and phone calls, I didn't feel like she was listening to what I was saying or respecting the fact that the two minutes she spends with Liam is not representative of him overall... we are no longer going to see her. The last straw was when she said I was overfeeding him when breastfeeding... don't even know how that is possible and I am certainly not taking food away from Liam after 5 minutes of nursing... so onward! We went to see our family practice doctor yesterday and he started Liam on a dose of prevacid. This medicine doesn't just neutralize the acid in Liam's stomach (Zantac was supposed to do this), but rather shuts off acid pumps in his stomach so that there is significantly less acid. Hopefully this will help Liam with his feedings and his overall comfort level. Crazy new mom that I am though, we are not going to stick with that doctor for Liam. Instead I have found a new pediatrician who we see next week. She is closer, younger, and has 24 hour, 7-day a week on-call services, which really make Jon and I more comfortable.

So... putting aside all that nonsense. Liam is doing pretty well. He now wieghs 12 lbs. 2oz... I know, crazy big! He is pretty much growing out of all his 0-3 clothes and some 3-6 (gerber runs quite small). He is smiling more and more. He has begun to like his massage time a little better and is definitely getting used to his baths. He seems to like sitting in the water rather than being suspended over it! Today he was laughing in his sleep... which was adorably cute! He is making more and more noises... mostly at himself in the mirror or talking to the yellow square page in his book. I will try to get some good video in the next couple of days and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment