Thursday, February 10, 2011

ENT... here we come :(

We have been a bunch of pretty disgusting sick people for the last week. Liam responded very well to his antibiotics intially :) I have a sinus/cold awfulness that won't go away... and woke up to double pinkeye myself this morning... ugghh. Jon is fighting a cold/cough... We are so ready for spring!

This morning when I got Liam up, he had a fever of 101 degrees, which is not all that bad except he also was tugging on his ear and had a runny nose all while still being on antibiotics... So of to the doctor we went and sure enough... double ear infections still sticking around.

Liam is taking it all like a champ! He is a little bit cranky, but really quite fine. We are going to start zithromyacin (oops... spelling!) in hopes that that might be the magic trick, but doesn't usually work to get rid of resistent ear infections.

We have an appointment on monday afternoon with an ENT to explore our options, which I am pretty sure will end up with tubes. My only concern is how we are going to get his ears to clear up long enough to get those tubes in there! Well, that isn't my only concern, but that is the one I am choosing to focus on!

When Liam needs to have the procedure (much less scary word than surgery) done, it will be Children's Hospital, so that is comforting. I am hoping the ear infection clears up with this new drug otherwise our only medication left is a series of 3 shots of antibiotics, which I am also not very excited about doing to Liam.

So, we are all doing fine, although a bit sick still and definitely ready to be done with cold and flu season!

No comments:

Post a Comment