Monday, September 5, 2011

Daycare

I had been dreading the days and writing this post.  It just seems so final now... I am back at work, which means Liam is back at daycare.  I had a very hard time sending him back and I continue to have doubts as to whether daycare is the best place for him.  I very selfishly want to see and do everything with him.  It is very hard for me to know that he spends the majority of his time everyday with someone who is not family.  I won't lie, I have cried and cried over this day.  It has come and gone, which I am thankful for and I hope our new routine slides into place quickly and without too much drama.  I miss him terribly already and find myself checking the blog and yelling at myself for not posting new updates!

But all that being said, I am dealing with what I need to deal with.  Liam is adjusting into his 'little two' room very, very well.  His new room is different; the room no longer operates on Liam's schedule - Liam has to operate under the room schedule, which for the most part I think will be good in the long run (but every mommy part of me hates that)!  He eats breakfast, lunch and snack at daycare now, at a table with all his friends.  He naps on a cot now with his blankie and bear pillow.  There are little potties when he is ready to start using the potty and little sinks to wash his hands at!  He plays on bigger equipment outside, does art everyday and has much more freedom to wander throughout his room. 

I was of course most worried about Liam sleeping, or rather not sleeping, but of course my son likes to prove mommy wrong!  The first day he napped, on his cot just fine for 40 minutes!  He woke up after that and stayed resting for about another hour while the other kids were sleeping.  The second day he only slept 25 minutes, but again continued to rest.  The third day he floored everyone by sleeping for almost two hours AND falling asleep without his paci at first (he woke up a bit later and put it in)!  The fourth day he went back to a 40 minute nap.  With all that said, he is tired when he gets home.  We have not altered his bedtime at home, but we may have to start sending him to bed a bit earlier again.  The good thing is that he is able to sleep until 7:30 (if he will) because we don't have to do breakfast at home anymore.  He took monster naps this three day weekend... four hour + naps three days in a row, which tells me he is tired!  But, all in all, we are making it through.

We were disappointed that Liam's friend from daycare wasn't really happy with the new room they were in and decided to go with an in-home provider.  So Vanessa and Liam only got a few days together last week and now she is off to another provider.  They are just too cute together.  I am hoping to get together with Vanessa's mom to have a few playdates for those two! 

So, Liam seems to be adjusting to daycare fairly well.  Eating has been the biggest issue... the first day he only ate bread, the second only fruit... I hope it continues on without any drama and that Liam can learn to take a longer nap at daycare so we can all enjoy the happy, happy Liam!

No comments:

Post a Comment