Sunday, December 7, 2014

Disappointment

I realized tonight that Liam deals with better than I do. We surprised Liam with a trip to see the Canadian Railway Holiday Train pull into a station tonight. Imagine how fun - a train decorated in christmas lights! We got a babysitter for Evan, layered Liam in lots of clothes, made it through several traffic jams and got to Hartford at 8:30pm... Only to find out the train was running an hour and a half late! Ugh. And then Liam says "I have to go potty", which sealed the deal. Back home. No train.

Apparently the train pulled in at 9:40 pm. Since it is a school night, we made the right call, but I am sad and disappointed :(

Liam handled it well. He said it was the saddest part of the day, but then sang "santa claus is coming to town" and told me all the happy parts of his day. Now if I could only get over my disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment