Saturday, June 1, 2013

I don't want to jinx it...

We saw the pediatrician Friday as a followup to the reflux/gi issues Evan has been having. At that time his diapers were not looking so dark green mucous, but still green and still mucous. She reassured me that Evan is growing well and suggested we use his demeanor as a rubric for how things are going rather than his poop. We agreed his reflux is under good control and she encouraged me to gradually add food types back in while watching Evan for changes. So, i started eating wheat again!! Ahh carbs, I can survive as long as I have carbs! I will give wheat 4-5 days and watch evan, then nuts/eggs and finally soy. We shall see.

Meanwhile, Evan's poops have been looking more normal. Still green... Greenish almost yellow sometimes, certainly not normal, but getting so much closer. The more reassuring thing for me is the mucous is decreasing. Yes, there are still diapers completely filled, but there are also diapers with minimal or no noticeable mucous!!!

I am guessing this is due to dairy finally being out of my system and working it's way out of Evan's system, but who knows, it definitely could be something else I eliminated... We will just have to wait and see. If I get through all the additions up top with no Evan issues, i will attempt to add in sone hidden dairy in about a month and see.

Evan is currently sleeping on my chest quite peacefully... He is having more and more awake time and more smiles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment