Monday, June 10, 2013

To eat or not to eat...

That is the question I have been plagued with lately.  Evan's poop had turned back to yellow for almost a week now and he seemed to be doing better.  I added wheat back into my diet over a week ago and that seemed to go just fine.  This past Friday I added back in soy, which also didn't have any drastic effects.  Evan had been going through what I would assume was his 6-week growth spurt (eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping).  Sunday night though we started to see a few green specks back in his diaper.  We had a greenish diaper overnight and a yellow one this morning.  Looking back, Evan has been spitting up A LOT more the past week  and had a lot of gas this weekend... so, the question is... is it food related?  Is it due to the soy or wheat?  Did I mistakenly eat some dairy?

To say I took this all well would be a reach, but this morning I woke somewhat refreshed (Evan ate at 8 pm and slept from (9:30 pm to 3:30 am!), I am handling it a little better.  I am going to watch his poop and avoid soy since that was the last thing I had put back into my diet for the next while and see what happens.  I know I probably went through the same emotions and frustrations with diet limitations with Liam, but I didn't write it down, so inevitably I have forgotten it.

Overall, Evan is gaining weight, growing and developing and that is the end goal.  This food/poop stuff although overwhelming me at times will soon be forgotten :)

In other news... Evan is loving peek-a-boo!  His little face takes about 2-3 seconds to think about what just went on and then a big smile erupts on his face... almost a laugh last night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment